Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Leaving the United States of America

 I'll start this post with the night before. I had the privilege of making Pizza for my family.
 The plane showed up 5 hours late, but there it was, the first plane I would ever ride on.
 Before takeoff, they de-iced us.
 But it did make for a pretty cool camera effect.
We got to watch the sunset over the clouds.
 Buh bye Mr.Sun, see ya in Germany!
 Soon the lights of Philadelphia appeared. Photos don't do it justice. The city could be seen with so much clarity.
 We had to book it to our gate in Philly. And it hit me all of a sudden when I heard the accent of the people greeting us on to our plane. We were on a German aircraft and we were leaving the country.
 The in-flight meal was quality. The service on this Lufthansa flight was superb.
 We got off of this Airbus A340 at the Frankfurt Airport.
 Our final flight was from Frankfurt to Firenze. It took us right over the alps.
 This plane ride, and the view it offered, may be the the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
 Having only seen the Appalachians before, this absolutely blew my mind.
 Our descent through Italia.
 San Lorenzo. This is about a two minute walk from my apartment.
 This is the crew I will be living with this semester. We just wondered the streets that night and attempted to take everything it.
We kept walking down a street, turned a corner, and BAM. There was the Duomo. So richly detailed. The photo doesn't do it justice.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Walt! I am so happy to see your photos and comments. I am also so excited for you to see more of God's awesome creation! I always wanted to get you to the Rocky Mountains. The Alps will do! God be close to you and your friends on your adventure! I'll look forward to your next post. I love you very much!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Walt..Glad to see you made it to Florence. Nice documentation of your travels so far, look forward to your future posts. Be safe, Love you buddy, Yer Dad

    ReplyDelete